OPPORTUNITY: CREATIVE BALANCE STEERING GROUP
07 November 2023
Creative Balance is a new research project exploring mental health and wellbeing, and what improvements can be made for Black People and People of Colour in the Scottish creative industries through support from We Are Here Scotland and supported by funding from The Baring Foundation and Creative Scotland.
They are looking to form a steering group of 10 people. This will be made up of 8 creatives based in Scotland and 2 healthcare professionals. This Steering Group will help shape this project and use members’ expertise and lived experience to consider wide-ranging factors and intersectionality of subjects and themes.
They are seeking people who identify as Black or as a Person of Colour who are:
- Working in a creative field (visual arts, performing arts, writing, music, film, fashion, dance etc)
- Working within the creative sector (project leads, producers, policy making, etc.)
- Mental health professionals, counsellors, therapist etc. with experience supporting Black People and PoC communities, please note that professionals who have worked with creatives would be preferred but this is not compulsory
- Mental health professionals, counsellors, therapists etc. who also work within the creative industries including arts psychotherapists etc.
- Applicants must be 18+ and live in Scotland
- Students and unemployed people are welcome to apply
As a steering group member you would:
- Attend 3 x 2 hour meetings (6 hours in total) on the following dates: 18th January 7-9pm, 1st February 7-9pm, 15th February 7-9pm to provide input on research, design and recommendations
- Meetings will take place remotely via Zoom and there will be access to a BSL interpreter, Closed Captioning should it be required
- This Steering Group will help shape this project and use members’ expertise and lived experience to consider wide ranging factors and intersectionality of subjects and themes, including what is needed for Black and People of Colour creatives in Scotland to improve or protect their mental health and wellbeing
- This is a paid opportunity and steering group members will be paid £30 per hour
- Each member will also have access to 2 hours of therapy should they be affected by the topics explored or discussed, and can also explore other options on a case by case basis if this is not desired. A healthcare professional will also be present in the meeting separately should anyone need support and there will be two Mental Health First Aiders present also
- Applications Open – Monday, 6 November
- Deadline – 11.59pm Monday, 27 November
- Applicants informed – Friday, 8 December
- First Meeting – Thursday, 18 January 7-9pm
- Second Meeting – Thursday 1st February 7-9pm
- Third Meeting – Thursday 15th February 7-9pm
Deadline: Monday 27th November at 11.59PM
For more information, click here.
To apply, click here.
If you have any issues with accessing applications or need any further help, please contact: email@example.com