Open call for emerging, Scottish-based artists from Cryptic Nights
14 September 2021
Cryptic Nights’ annual open call for emerging, Scottish-based artists to develop existing music, sound and digital works within a visual context, with support and mentoring from Cryptic is now open.
Presented in partnership with the Centre for Contemporary Arts (CCA) in Glasgow, we support talented artists with fresh ideas, crossing creative boundaries with live music, visual and sonic art. Since 2009, Cryptic Nights has presented over 300 artists.
Selected projects will receive:
- A guaranteed fee of £750 per performance/installation (for a maximum of two performances or two days installation);
- Travel within Scotland and accommodation expenses for artists based out with the central belt where applicable;
- Venue, technical, PR and marketing support;
- A platform for your work supported by an experienced, international arts company;
- An opportunity to build a new audience for your work;
- Documentation of your work;
- Free entry to other Cryptic Nights events throughout the year;
- Valuable opportunities to develop your networks.
Many Cryptic Nights’ artists have gone on to have highly successful careers, most notably Anna Meredith, Rachel Maclean, Raydale Dower, Oliver Coates, James Houston, Yann Seznec, Josh Armstrong and Robbie Thomson.
The next deadline for applications to Cryptic Nights is 12pm on Thursday 16 September 2021.
If you would like to apply, please download the submission guidelines here. Please consider the eligibility criteria and application content carefully before applying, ensuring you follow the guidelines.
If you require additional support in completing the application please contact Fiona Haggerty, Project Manager at email@example.com or phone 07947365245