Join the Musicians’ Hearing Health Scheme from the Musicians’ Union
31 August 2021
The Musicians’ Union (MU) we have developed a scheme that gives access to musician-specialist audiologists and bespoke hearing protection for an affordable amount.
The Musicians’ Hearing Health Scheme gives musicians access to specialist hearing assessment and bespoke hearing protection, in partnership with Help Musicians UK and Musicians Hearing Services.
- Free audiological assessment and ear check up from a specialist in musicians’ hearing (worth up to £145)
- One set of free custom made, specialist musicians’ ear plugs (worth £170)
- An automatic call back for a subsidised hearing test costing £20, every two years (worth £90)
- Expert advice on referral routes and next steps to manage any problems, including contact with your GP
- Option of wax removal if necessary, at a subsidised rate of £40
Clinics take place in London and Manchester throughout the year, and there is a rolling programme of regional clinics. To find out more about these, keep an eye on upcoming MU events or contact your Regional Office.