The MU launches Disabled Musicians Membership
26 Apr 2021
The Musicans Union (MU) has launched the Disabled Musicians Membership rate, open to all musicians who face extra financial barriers specifically because they are disabled.
The Disabled Musicians Membership rate is aimed to alleviate some of the financial pressure that can come with being disabled. The membership offer has been developed in consultation with disabled members, recognising the social model of disability. The MU run a range of events and workshops for disabled musicians and work closely with industry partners such as Attitude is Everything and Drake Music.
You may be eligible if you:
- Experience financial barriers to joining the MU because you are disabled
- Are in receipt of a disability benefit
- Have a Blue Badge
- Hold a Disabled Persons Railcard
- Hold an Access Card
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Have a Hynt card
- Have a CEA card
- Receive an Access to Work Grant
This list is not exhaustive and is for guidance.