Glasgow among new locations for BBC music programming and production
The BBC has announced that it will be moving entire departments and news divisions to Glasgow, Birmingham, Cardiff, Leeds and Salford in a plan which it describes as “its biggest transformation in decades.”
- The BBC Concert Orchestra and some Proms to leave London, plus a music events calendar more rooted across the UK.
- Key daytime strands on Radio 1, 1Xtra and Radio 2 will be moved from London and made across the UK.
- Radio 3 will be rooted in Salford, along with the majority of 6 Music.
- A commitment to commission and produce “a clear majority” of TV programmes across the UK and not in London.
- A commitment to locate 50% of the money spent on network radio and music outside London by 2028.
Learn more via BBC News.